Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hello, 2010!

wow, it's been a while since I last posted--sorry about that, all three people who I know of who *might* read this blog. :)

there has been a lot in the last few weeks--Janey's first Christmas, tons of work, sickness at our house, time with friends, and Janey milestones. Milestones first:
  • we are now up to at least 8 teeth--good gracious! looks like she might have some molars coming in, too.
  • WALKING! Yup, Janey took her first, tentative steps on January 2, 2010. She was holding on to Aunt Rach and went off on her own for a few steps before landing hard on her tush. Luckily, almost the whole family was there to see it! (grandma and grandpa missed it by minutes) she's taken maybe a grand total of 6 steps since then, but I'm sure we'll be running after her soon.
  • sleeping through the night again, for two nights, after a couple of weeks turned upside down by fevers, ear infections, teething, and holiday celebrations.
  • blowing kisses. Yup, I picked her up from daycare yesterday, and, totally unprompted, she blew kisses goodbye as we left, again with the "mwah!" sound effect! Mere and I had been trying to get her to do it, with no luck...I guess she just wanted to wait until it was contextually appropriate!

I'm sure there are others, but I can't remember them right now.

Sadly, what is still with me--can't quite shake it--is the fear we felt when Jane woke up with a 104+ degree fever a week and a half ago. It was almost a direct repeat of when she got sick right after being born--Mere even said the same exact words as when she thought she was feverish last January. BUT, and this is the thing to focus on, when we called the pediatrician, they were not worried at all. After some doses of motrin and tylenol, Jane was better. even better after the doc eventually diagnosed the ear infection, but dear god those early morning minutes were stressful. Made me happy that all Jane wanted to do was curl up against me and sleep, sweating through her jammies and mine, until she was ready to wake 4 hours later. I know I will eventually stop immediately going to panic mode when she gets sick, but I'm not sure when that will be.

okay, that's all we've got time for today--hopefully back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment