Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ruminations on juggling it all...

so, I'm pretty sure my harpyness (?) is directly correlated to sleep deprivation and work overload. Not a shocking observation, but I came to the conclusion last night that I just need to take a deep breath before reacting in exasperation. Am I really annoyed with the person I'm about to snap at? (usually, sadly for her, Meredith) Or, am I just annoyed or overtired in general? Hoping to rein in the unnecessary crankiness. Mere asked if I thought I needed to go see a therapist. I'm not opposed to the idea of therapy (good thing, since it's one of my prospective long term career goals!) I just don't know that I need it right now. What I need is a baby who sleeps, and some relief at work at times....last week I was logging on from work every night, sometimes until midnight. I know that's a regular occurence for some folks, but not for me, and, frankly, I don't get paid enough for it to be a regular occurence for me. So, needless to say, I'm feeling much better this week. Only two meetings on my calendar, and I am knocking stuff off my to-do list like it's going out of style. And, today's already the last day of the work week.

Can't wait to see Janey at her first thanksgiving tomorrow! happy turkey day to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment